Welcome to FrequentFlier.com - the Internet's premier site for frequent flyer program information and advice. Welcome to FrequentFlier.com |
The Internet's premier site for frequent flyer program information and advice.
HomeNews & AnalysisStrategic & TacticsBlogFrequentFlier ForumProgramsAirport LinksAbout the Site
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Cruise Ship Portal
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:51 am 

I am looking at a Transatlantic Cruise (Celebrity Cruises Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in Oct.) and wonder if anybody has any suggestions as to how to get the best price. Celebrity do not discount their cruises the same way as say Princess, so I am wondering if there is any portal I can book though or any other way to get it cheaper. So far all I have found is $150 gift card for Target through Travelocity (a deal that vacationstogo will match) but I am wondering if I can do better than that.

I know Brenda is a frequent cruiser and if anybody else has any ideas I would really appreciate it. I found EXPEDIA through Clickrewards but dont want to use clickrewards as I think they may be in trouble again and miles I earned months ago have still not posted. . All their emails come back unanswered (more than four weeks now).

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Cruise Ship Portal
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:45 am 

Although I have not used this site, a friend of mine had for a last minute cruise and was very happy. He learned about this site from a newspaper article which recommended it. That being said, here is the link:

http://www.vacationstogo.com/

I did not notice your particular cruise listed yet but they may add it soon since it is still far enough out in time.

I will be sailing with Celebrity in June (Baltic). (I am sailing with a group so I got a good group rate.) It's a wonderful cruise line.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:13 pm 

Hi Phil, yes, I have used Vacationstogo before and they are great. They told me they would match the price but I'm still looking!!

I'm from Dublin so know where you are at the Westin. Right around the corner from you on Grafton Street is Bewley's coffee shop, which has been in business for around 150 years and has great coffee, high grade tea and all kinds of fresh cakes and pastries (try the sticky buns, really delicious). You can also have meals there (breakfast is ok, rest is so so).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:02 pm 

Sorry, Otter, I was reading Phil's email (hence the ref. to Bewleys).

I have used Vacationstogo before and was very happy with them. Through Travelocity I found the same price, but with $150 gift card for Target thrown in, so I called Vacationstogo and they said they would match it.. pretty good but as I still have some time I thought I would keep looking. Last year when I went to Alaska with them, they sent a voucher for a bottle of wine, 2 vouchers for free photos to the room and gave us a $50 per person on board credit as a welcome gift, pretty nice, particularly as the price was really the lowest anywhere.

I was looking at that Baltic cruise as well, it really looks fabulous!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:23 am 

You need at Key Account TA, that is top 1% of Celebrity agents which my friend Lori, 3rd generation cruise only TA. She books groups (from the Net) and gets great staterooms with twice the size balcony as the other of the same price. She got us AFT which is 200 sq ft balcony & is Concierge Class, which we enjoy for $100 more than 2C.

www.skyscrapertours.com is her web site to look around, she has many sales running on slow booking cruises also. We did Transatlantic last September & it is heaven. 4 ports in 2 weeks & 10 sea days with lecturers, great entertainment & plenty of other games & stuff to do if laying around in the sun isn't for you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:10 pm 

Thanks Brenda, I tried her but she could not beat Vacationstogo's price because of the special offer of $150 shipboard credit so I went with them.