Welcome to FrequentFlier.com - the Internet's premier site for frequent flyer program information and advice. Welcome to FrequentFlier.com |
The Internet's premier site for frequent flyer program information and advice.
HomeNews & AnalysisStrategic & TacticsBlogFrequentFlier ForumProgramsAirport LinksAbout the Site
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:13 pm 

had a person leave message on my answer machine, or even could have been an automated message about entering into a drawing.
Called back to 1-877-256-7894 talked to an individual whom stated won one of four major prizes, BUT need to sit through a 90 minute presentation.
My thoughts, some form of sell presentation visitors vacation packages, kind of like the old type of sit through some presentation and get a steak knife,etc.
Told the guy, do not win anything for nothing and asked what the MINUMUM prize provided for my time spent there?
He responded a tv worth 600 dollars, maybe the tv is actually worth much less?
25-40 people going to the presentation, even one wins something no less value than the TV.. he responded..
Still possess doubt, since if anyone trys to get something for nothing, it is myself...LOl
Anyone else have experiences from that of Vacation Depot?
He will be forwarding info to my email address as well, though figured if anyone knows the deals and scams you all do...
Last time, won anything marvelous was going to Phoenix from ABC and Sam Adams beer few years ago...
Maybe win the tv and only worth $50.00 and get a tax bill for winning a TV, they state worth $600.00,thus Vacation Depot takes a major tax right off?
Too doubtful,since feel that everyone is called to say they won?
You know the saying called an free offer too good to be true?
Last time did one of these go and hear someone sell you something was over twenty years ago, and the prize was some crummy prize.
Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:59 pm 

I do not know about this particular timeshare company, but I sincerely doubt the TV is worth $50 let alone $600. I wouldn't waste your time on these things. A 100% guaranteed prize in the past was 3-5 nights in Las Vegas, Florida, Reno or someplaces like that. But the nights were weekday only @ some lower end out of the way hotels, subject to availability. Not worth very much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:44 am 

Thanks for your prompt response.
Sometimes,when the DEAL seems to good to be true, it truly is so..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:50 pm 

I don't know about that particular company. We went to one by Shell Vacations and got a cruise certificate for a company call Holiday Travels of America. Before I sent in the money, I found a bulletin board by the City of Carlsbad (where that company is located) full of complaints:

http://www.carlsbad.ca.us/phorum/read.p ... i=131&t=77

Anyhow, I decided to just forget about that offer. The few hours I spent there was a total waste.

If they offer gift certificates to retailers, take them. Otherwise, take your chances. You don't want to waste a few hours and then lose $ from scam.

I did have good luck with
Hilton (at Hawaii) -- got $100 of Hilton dollars which I used to buy a pearl necklace for my wife
Trendwest -- got $75 in AX cash cards and 3-night stay at Las Vegas. I haven't taken advantage of that hotel offer, however, but the company looks legit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:13 pm 

I got the same call referencing the same phone number: 1-877-256-7894. I called and asked them more about it and said they sounded shady to me. I asked to be removed from future calls and they hung up on me. i called them back and asked for the manager. He said he was the manager (same guy i talked to before). I repeated my request to be removed from future calls and he said 'ok, f*** you. don't call us again, you're on our do not call list.' My advice - do not ever believe anything from the 'awards verification center' or anyone telling you to call that phone number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:38 am 

I recieved the same call from the schmuch paul.

At first I called this jerk and somehow the phone was placed off the hook so I could hear people in the background talking while they watched tv. They where watching jusge hatchet.
Then I heard someone say, oh we have another one. and got disconnected

I called them again and talked to paul, he said congratz that I won one of the top 4 prizes.

He then asked how close I was to irving california. I said not too close, and he just said, well thanks for calling and hung up.

I then called him back using the same unprotected lan line, and they didn't take my call, they just hung up on me. So I used my cell phone, but first I protected my number, and they picked up, I changed my voice and said I received a call from paul. and he gave me the same BS about winning one of the top 4 prices.

Then he asked if I lived near irving, and I said thats my home town. He then went in to a long rant about going to a 90 time share meeting. And I told him that he should just send me the price I won without the bs meeting or I would come by his place of business and kick his ass. He started to cuss me out and got really raceist on me. Calling me white trash and what not (I was talking like a hick) So I in formed him I know where they are and that they are even currectly watching judge hatchet. this freaked him out a little and he said he was going to call the cops. So I said great, then they can help us (me and my fellow clan members) (not that I belong to the crappy clan) to burn his black ass on a cross right in front of his work.

He then just hung up, and I had a good laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:58 am 

I had Paul left a message that I won an automobile , so I called back today and the lady said that I won 4 prizes that I can choose one and that I can pick it up at 6400 North Andrews Suite 530, but I called back to know more about it because the lady was talking to fast and a guy pick up the phone and ask how old I was and he told me too young and hang up, isn't it strange that the lady said that my parents can pick the prize up, so I wonder what is going on here. I talked to two different people and they say different things. This is wrong what they are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:41 pm 

I got the call today from Deanna saying i won 1 of 5 prizes (guaranteed) after getting a message saying call 1-877-256-7894. She says she is calling due to a prize slip (such as the ones at supermarkets) was drawn with my name on it. Then says its a promotion for ""TRAVEL SERVICE NETWORK" because they are opening a new building in San Diego, so of course I start drilling her about how the hell theres no way 10, 15, 20 or whatever # of people can all win a prize. She says the "raffle" is going on 3 different days:

Thur. Aug 17, 2006 8pm | Fri Aug 18, 2006 8pm | Sat Aug 19, 2006 2pm

at this location

12526 High Bluff Drive Suite #230
San Diego, CA 92130

She also gave me her "direct" number 1-877-256-7894

I cant even find a "High Bluff Drive" in San Diego,, Hmm.....

Prizes are

1. Escalade/$50,000
2. 10 night vacation in Hawaii
3. $2,500
4. 3 days 2 nights in Vegas/orlando/cancun
5. 32" flat screen TV

She says if you win the Escalade you need to give them your Drivers licence and a credit card to pay the sales tax on the Escalade.

Also she asked me (before all of this) if my spouse and I were between the ages of 27-70 and I said yes even though I am 21.

Everyone else that got the same call should post it to compare what they say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:02 pm 

I got the same call. It was from an unknown number asking me what my current income was, my address, and my marital status.

I never responded to anything and they kept calling me offering the same prizes. I registered with a "do-not-call" list online and they have stopped calling since then.

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Las Vegas

Four Seasons Las Vegas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am 

ET wrote:
I do not know about this particular timeshare company, but I sincerely doubt the TV is worth $50 let alone $600. I wouldn't waste your time on these things. A 100% guaranteed prize in the past was 3-5 nights in Las Vegas, Florida, Reno or someplaces like that. But the nights were weekday only @ some lower end out of the way hotels, subject to availability. Not worth very much.

Yeah, this sounds like most timeshare scams. I recently got a call promising me all of these great prizes and the chance to win a car if I signed up that day. I did not sign up because it sounded too good to be true, which means that it most likely was too good to be true. I have never given in to these types of vacation scams, but all of the timeshare stories that I have heard sound horrendous, and they trick you into a commitment much bigger than you would prefer. My suggestion to anyone getting these kinds of calls is to ignore them or block the number that is calling you if it is obnoxious.
-Steve