Unlike with airline-affiliated credit cards—just a few of which award a very limited number of elite-qualifying miles—hotel-linked credit cards often come bundled not just with elite-qualifying points but with full-fledged elite status.
You may have already known that. What you probably didn’t know is that you can, for a limited time, get Gold status in Hilton’s HHonors program with any Visa Signature credit card.
Through August 31, HHonors members who register their U.S.-issued Visa Signature credit card here will be granted Gold elite status and enjoy elite benefits during any Hitlon stays for the period.
And if they stay three times between now and August 31, and charge those stays to a Visa Signature card, the Gold elite status will be extended through March 31, 2013.
Normally Gold status is earned after completing 16 stays or 36 nights, or earning 60,000 Base points during a calendar year.
Gold elite perks include: a 25 percent points bonus; complimentary Internet access; and, depending on the Hilton brand, a choice of other benefits including room upgrades, bonus points, and complimentary breakfast.
Deal or No Deal
If you’re not already an elite member of HHonors, have a Visa Signature card in your wallet, and plan a Hilton stay by August 31, it’s well worth the two minutes required to register your card to get instant status.
And if three Hilton stays are in your summer plans, the ability to easily extend that status through the first quarter of 2013 makes a good deal a great one.
Reader Reality Check
Elite status, anyone?
Other Posts of Interest
- From Best Western: a Free Night or Bonus Miles for Summer Stays
- Marriott Offers a Free Night After Two Stays This Summer
- Earn a 3,000-Point Bonus for Best Western Stays This Summer
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- From Priority Club: Double Points, Miles for Spring, Summer Stays
- InterContinental Offers $75 Rebate for Weekend Stays
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
- Priority Club Launches Discounted Last Minute Reward Nights
- Hilton’s 2nd Quarter Promo: 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night
- Hyatt Offers 10,000 Bonus Points After Five Nights
Stay in Touch