Between October 9 and November 15, members of Virgin America’s Elevate program will earn double points for Main Cabin nonstop or connecting flights between the following cities: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle.
Oddly, while nonstop and connecting flights (which require a plane change) qualify for the bonus, through flights (“flights which have a stop but do not require a plane change”) do not.
Also strange: There’s no bonus for more expensive first-class flights. Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
Virgin America. West Coast flights. Double points. That’s a solid combination.
The promotion’s key weakness is its short duration, at just five weeks.
Bear in mind that Southwest, which also has an extensive West Coast flight network, is offering double points for all flights, system-wide, through November 15 as well.
Other Posts of Interest
- True or False: United Is “#1 in Award Seat Availability”?
- Delta Ups Award Prices on the QT
- Are Taxable Frequent Flyer Miles in Your Future?
- Where Do My Miles Go If American Goes Bankrupt?
- Which Airline Programs Are the Most (and Least) Generous?
Stay in Touch