The latest promotion from American features a big bonus. But mind the fine print.
Between March 18 and May 31, AAdvantage members can earn up to 200,000 bonus miles for first, business, or select coach flights to Europe on American, British Airways, Iberia, or Open Skies, as follows:
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles for each of the first four roundtrips.
- Earn 100,000 bonus miles for the fifth roundtrip.
Eligible Fare Types
- American – First Class and Business Class fares booked in F, A, J, R, D, or I; Economy Class fares booked in Y, B, or H
- British Airways – First Class or Club World fares booked in F, A, J, R, C, D, or I; World Traveller Plus or full-fare World Traveller booked in W, E, T, Y, B, or H
- Iberia – Business Class fares booked in J, C, D, R, or I; Economy Class fares booked in Y
- Open Skies – OpenSkies Prem Plus fares booked in W, E, T, Z, A; OpenSkies Eco booked in Y, B, H
Registration is required using promotion code EURAA.
(There’s a similar promotion on offer for U.S. and Canadian British Airways’ Executive Club members.)
Deal or No Deal
At first glance, the bonuses appear eye-popping. But they only apply to the priciest tickets. And that 100,000-mile kicker only applies to the fifth roundtrip.
If you’re a business traveler making regular trips to Europe using one of the qualifying fares, this promotion could be a welcome windfall.
But for the average Europe-bound traveler, traveling on a discounted coach ticket, it’s a non-starter.
Other Posts of Interest
- Delta Slammed for Scarce Award Availability. Again
- American-US Air Merger: the Winners and the Losers
- The Best Time to Redeem Your Frequent Flyer Points? Now!
- Air Travel Is Improving, Right?
- Do Travel Loyalty Programs Still Matter?
Stay in Touch