You’ve heard of flash sales? This new 24-hour-only promotion from Hilton is a flash bonus.
HHonors members will earn 2,500 bonus points per weekend stay, up to 10,000 bonus points for four stays, booked at the Any Weekend, Anywhere rate between 11:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, January 16, through 10:59 a.m. EST Thursday, January 17.
The Any Weekend, Anywhere rate is an ongoing sale with discounts ranging from 15 percent at North and South American hotels to 40 percent in other regions. Bookings are prepaid and nonrefundable.
Registration is required via the promotion’s Facebook page, but won’t be possible until Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST.
Deal or No Deal
Assuming a normal earning rate of 15 points per $1 (Points & Points), adding in the 2,500 bonus points would amount to earning almost triple points on a $150 one-night stay.
That’s decent if less than spectacular. But factor in Hilton’s winter double-point promotion, which is combinable with the flash bonus, and the total bonus becomes significant.
The downside of the promotion is the Any Weekend, Anywhere rate. The discount for stays at Americas hotels is a negligible one. And nonrefundable bookings are risky — you must prepay, and you forfeit the payment if you no-show.
Reader Reality Check
How do you feel about prepaid, nonrefundable rates? Have you ever had to forfeit your payment?
Other Posts of Interest
- Winter 2012/2013 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Earn Up to 8,000 Bonus Points at Best Western Hotels (1/31/13)
- Wyndham’s Winter Promotion Is 1,000 Bonus Points Per Stay (2/7/2013)
- Choice Hotels’ Winter Promotion Is Triple Points (2/20/13)
- From Red Lion: 5,000 Bonus Points Plus a Discount (2/28/12)
- Starwood’s Upcoming Bonus: Up to 18,000 Points (4/15/13)
Stay in Touch