Starwood’s second-quarter bonus offer is no barn-burner. But neither are the bonuses on offer from other hotel chains.
Between May 1 and July 31, Starwood Preferred Guest members can earn double points for stays at participating Sheraton, Four Points, St. Regis, Luxury Collection, Le Meridien, W, Westin, aloft, and element hotels.
In addition, during the promotion period program members will earn 500 bonus points for eligible bookings made through the spg.com mobile website, any Starwood hotel-branded mobile website, or any SPG mobile app.
There’s a fairly extensive list of non-participating hotels, more than 70 of which are in the U.S.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
Double points is generally not a particularly compelling bonus. The extra bonus for mobile bookings helps, although not much.
But considering the promotional landscape for the second quarter, double points for every stay is about as good as gets. For now, anyway.
Looking ahead, however, Marriott will launch a variant of its recurring MegaBonus offer on May 15 that features a free night after two stays. That might be worth waiting for.
And there may be better offers forthcoming from Choice, InterContinental, and Wyndham as well.
Other Posts of Interest
- Spring 2013 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- New Hyatt Promotion Promises ‘More Possibilities’ (5/31/13)
- Earn 10,000 Bonus Points at Holiday Inn Resorts (5/31/13)
- Best Western Offers a $50 Gift Card for Three Stays (6/9/13)
- Hilton’s 2nd Quarter Bonus: 1,000 or 2,000 Points Per Night (6/30/13)
- Get Gift Cards for Holiday Inn Resorts Stays (6/30/13)
- Earn Triple Miles for Hilton Stays in Vegas (6/30/13)
Stay in Touch