Starwood calls its new promotion for fall stays &quot;Better by the Night.&quot; While the bonus is indeed better by the night, it is even better by the dollar.
Between October 1 and December 20, Starwood Preferred Guest members can earn double points for one- or two-night stays, and triple points for stays of three or more nights.
Of the 1,100 hotels in the Starwood network, around 120 are not participating in the promotion, including almost 50 properties in the U.S.
In addition to the stay bonuses, there are booking bonuses in place during the promotion period as well: 250 points for stays booked on spg.com, and 500 points for stays booked on the SPG app for the iPhone.
Registration is required, and must be completed by November 30.
Deal or No Deal
As always with double- and triple-points offers, the size of your bonus will depend on your spend. Longer, pricier stays will be more rewarding than shorter, cheaper ones.
On the other hand, the booking bonuses are awarded per-booking rather than per-dollar-spent, so cheaper stays net the same as more expensive ones.
Overall, this promotion is mid-pack, value-wise, compared to other fall hotel offers. It trumps the offers from Best Western and Hyatt, but is less generous than those of Choice and Marriott, which both feature a free night after two stays.
Other Posts of Interest
- Fall 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Marriott’s New MegaBonus Promotion Begins September 15
- Best Western Offers Double, Triple Points for Fall Stays
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Earn Up to 65,000 Bonus Points for Hyatt Stays
- Wyndham Stays Earn Quadruple Points or Airline Miles
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points for Ritz-Carlton Stays
- Marriott’s MegaMiles Promotion Returns in July
- Hilton’s 3rd Quarter Promotion Is Double, Triple Points
Stay in Touch