Through December 31, Starwood Preferred Guest members who make bookings for a group — be it a conference, meeting, family reunion, wedding, or holiday party — will earn the following bonuses:
- One bonus point for every $3 spent on group’s booking, including meeting room and catering revenue, up to a maximum of 20,000 points (Gold and Platinum members earn one bonus point for every $2 spent, up to a maximum of 30,000 points.)
- One elite-night credit for every 10 group nights (The bonus elite credits do not count toward earning lifetime elite status.)
To qualify as a group booking, there’s no published minimum number of guests or room nights, but there must be an “Event Agreement” signed between the Preferred Guest member and the participating hotel.
Deal or No Deal
This is a great opportunity for those who take the lead in organizing family reunions and the like to earn something extra for their trouble.
Other Posts of Interest
- Marriott’s New MegaBonus Promotion Begins February 1 (4/30/13)
- Earn 8,000 Points After Every 2 Choice Hotel Stays (5/15/13)
- New Hyatt Promotion Promises ‘More Possibilities’ (5/31/13)
- Earn Triple Miles for Hilton Stays in Vegas (6/30/13)
Stay in Touch