Starwood today announced its annual award-price changes on FlyerTalk.
In all, around 48 hotels will decrease in price while more than 200 will increase.
There’s a list of hotels that will be recategorized here. (Incidentally, Starwood’s list is a model of how such changes should be communicated, with both the old and the new prices shown side by side.)
The new prices take effect for bookings made on or after March 5.
As always with upcoming award changes, program members should peruse the list of price adjustments and book hotels which will increase in price at the current rates, and book hotels which will decrease in price after the new rates kick in.
Award price changes are never welcome. But compared to the enormously consumer-unfriendly adjustments unveiled yesterday by Hilton, Starwood’s realignments are downright benign.
It’s all relative.
Other Posts of Interest
- Winter 2013 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- From Red Lion: 5,000 Bonus Points Plus a Discount (2/28/12)
- Hilton Begins 2013 with Double Points, Miles (3/15/13)
- Carlson’s New Bonus Is Among the Best for Winter Stays (3/15/13)
- Starwood’s Upcoming Bonus: Up to 18,000 Points (4/15/13)
Stay in Touch