Among the best of the current airline promotions is Southwest’s double redeemable and elite-qualifying points offer for flights between Chicago and California. The bonus applies for travel through March 31, but you must have registered and booked by January 15.
Southwest has expanded that offer to include flights between California and both Denver and, beginning next month, Atlanta.
Between January 23 and March 31, Rapid Rewards members can earn double redeemable and elite-qualifying points for flights between Southwest’s California destinations (Burbank, Los Angeles, Oakland, Ontario, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose) and Denver.
And between February 12 (when the new service launches) and March 31, Rapid Rewards members can earn double redeemable and elite-qualifying points for flights between Southwest’s California destinations and Atlanta.
Registration is required, by March 31.
Deal or No Deal
If you’re a Southwest loyalist—and especially if elite status in Rapid Rewards is a priority—the bonus points are yet another reason to continue flying Southwest.
And if you’re program-agnostic, this offer should push Southwest to the top of the list for travel on the targeted routes. Assuming, of course, that Southwest’s fares are competitive.
Reader Reality Check
Know of any better bonuses on these routes? Do tell.
Other Posts of Interest
- From Spirit: 5,000 Bonus Miles for All Flights
- Got Elite Status? United Will Match It
- Renew Elite Status from American, for a Price
- Do Discounted Frequent Flyer Miles Rate a ‘Buy’?
- Psst, Wanna Buy American Airlines?
- United Discounts Awards to Europe, Africa
- Bid United Miles for New Headliners Auction Awards
- Southwest Matches American’s Double Elite Mile Promotion
- American Offers Double Elite-Qualifying Miles Through January 2012
- Upcoming US Airways Program Changes Are Mostly Downgrades
- Earn Triple Base Points for JetBlue Flights
- United Matches American’s Elite Bonus for Chicago Flights
- Where Do My Miles Go If American Goes Bankrupt?
- Which Airline Programs Are the Most (and Least) Generous?
- Fly to Tokyo in Business Class for 50,000 AAdvantage Miles
Stay in Touch