When Ritz-Carlton Rewards launched in September 2010, I described the program as &quot;essentially a clone of the existing Marriott Rewards scheme, with the addition of a few extra benefits to give it its own identity.&quot;
So far, that unique identity hasn’t been a function of Ritz-specific promotions, which have been few and far between.
Here’s one, for stays through the remainder of the summer.
Between July 18 and September 9, members of the Ritz-Carlton Rewards program will earn 30,000 bonus points for stays of four or more consecutive nights at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels. Members may only earn the bonus once during the promotion period.
- Members of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program as of June 30, 2011 and new members who were not previously members of the Marriott Rewards program are eligible to receive this offer.
- Promotion excludes The Ritz-Carlton Millennia, Singapore, Phulay Bay, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, and Partner Hotels.
Registration is required, by August 15.
Deal or No Deal
In Ritz-Carlton’s program, 30,000 points is enough for a free night at a Tier 1 Ritz-Carlton hotel (nine in the U.S., 11 outside the U.S.), or for one or more free nights at Marriott hotels, depending on the category of hotel.
So, if you earned the bonus points by staying at a Tier 1 Ritz and redeemed them for a free night at a Tier 1 Ritz, in effect you’d be getting five nights for the price of four, a 20 percent discount.
Assuming you don’t overpay to earn the bonus points, that’s solid value.
Reader Reality Check
Are you in the market for a Ritz-Carlton stay this summer?
Other Posts of Interest
- Earn Quintuple Aeroplan Miles for Hyatt Stays
- Drive Away With a $40 Gas Card for Aloft, Element, Four Points Stays
- Earn Double Welcomerewards Credits for Stays Booked at Hotels.com
- Hilton Offers Double Points or Miles for 3rd-Quarter Stays
- InterContinental Adds More Priority Club Bonus Options for Summer Stays
- Visa Signature Cardholders Get Hilton Elite Perks
- From Best Western: a Free Night or Bonus Miles for Summer Stays
- Marriott Offers a Free Night After Two Stays This Summer
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- From Priority Club: Double Points, Miles for Spring, Summer Stays
- InterContinental Offers $75 Rebate for Weekend Stays
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
- Priority Club Launches Discounted Last Minute Reward Nights
Stay in Touch