As hotel chains go, Red Lion isn’t among the largest, with just 47 properties in nine mostly western states and one province in Canada. Marriott, Hilton, and Starwood each boasts thousands of hotels.
And as loyalty programs go, Red Lion’s R&R Club isn’t among the most robust, or among the most aggressive when it comes to promotions.
But this Red Lion bonus is every bit as generous as those currently on offer from the larger hotel groups, and more generous than most.
Through January 31, 2013, Red Lion R&R Club members can earn 5,000 bonus points per stay, plus a 15 percent discount, by using promotion code MYRATE01 when booking.
Deal or No Deal
R&R Club members normally earn 10 points per $1 spent. So a $100 night would net 1,000 points, and the 5,000-point bonus would bring that up to 6,000 points.
On the award side of the program, 5,000 points can be redeemed for a $10 Costco gift card. No great value there.
But 10,000 points are enough for a free night at a Red Lion hotel. So two one-night stays will generate more than enough points for one free night. Stay two nights, get one free.
As hotel promotions go, that’s about as good as it gets.
Other Posts of Interest
- Fall 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays(11/14/12)
- Best Western Offers Double, Triple Points for Fall Stays(11/18/12)
- Earn Up to 11,000 Bonus Points for Wyndham Stays(11/26/12)
- Earn Up to 65,000 Bonus Points for Hyatt Stays(11/30/12)
- From Country Inns, a Free Night After 2 Paid Nights (11/30/12)
Stay in Touch