Priority Club has weighed in with its bonus for summer stays. But they forget something: weeknights.
Between May 31 and September 1, Priority Club Rewards members can earn a $50 prepaid MasterCard after a two-night weekend stay (Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights) charged to a MasterCard, up to $200 for four qualifying stays, at participating InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites hotels.
To receive the rebate, you will have to mail in your completed rebate form, registration confirmation page, and hotel bill.
Deal or No Deal
A $50 rebate on a two night stay could amount to a significant discount, but only if the qualifying nights are logged at a lower-priced property. Perversely from a marketing standpoint, the more you spend, the less (in percentage terms) you are rewarded.
Further undermining the value of this promotion is its weekend-only focus, and the annoyingly labor-intensive redemption process. Mail in paperwork to receive a rebate? C’mon guys, this is the 21st century. You know, computers, the Internet, instant gratification.
Overall, this is a disappointing promotion, poorly conceived and clumsily executed. There are better deals to be had among the current bonuses on offer from other major hotel chains.
Reader Reality Check
Do you find this promotion as underwhelming as we do?
Other Posts of Interest
- Spring 2013 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- New Hyatt Promotion Promises ‘More Possibilities’ (5/31/13)
- Earn 10,000 Bonus Points at Holiday Inn Resorts (5/31/13)
- Best Western Offers a $50 Gift Card for Three Stays (6/9/13)
- Hilton’s 2nd Quarter Bonus: 1,000 or 2,000 Points Per Night (6/30/13)
- Get Gift Cards for Holiday Inn Resorts Stays (6/30/13)
- Earn Triple Miles for Hilton Stays in Vegas (6/30/13)
- Earn 8,000 Points After 2 Choice Stays (8/31/13)
Stay in Touch