Effective today, Priority Club Rewards members will earn 10 points for every eligible $1, or local-currency equivalent, spent at InterContinental hotels in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
The previous earning rate was 2,000 miles per stay.
The change brings the Americas InterContinental properties into alignment with Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express hotels. The InterContinental hotels in other regions will be covered by the new earning rate &quot;in due course.&quot;
According to IHG’s press release, program members can expect to earn approximately three times more points under the new scheme. That may be true on average, and certainly lengthy stays at pricier InterContinentals will now earn more. But one-nighters at cheaper locations will earn less.
Although a positive one, the move is overdue and remains incomplete. Still, it at least partially offsets last month’s increase in Priority Club award prices.
Reader Reality Check
About time? Too little, too late? What’s your take on the change?
Other Posts of Interest
- When Should Hotels Announce Upcoming Promotions?
- Winter 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Buy Back Elite Status from Marriott
- Starwood Will Upgrade Elite Benefits
- Hyatt’s Winter Promotion Is a Win for Road Warriors
- Best Western Offers 1 Free Night After 3 Paid Stays
- Marriott’s Winter MegaBonus Is 1 Free Night After 2 Stays
- Another Hilton 1st Quarter Bonus: Airline Miles
- Carlson’s May Be the Best Winter Hotel Promotion
- Priority Club’s Winter Promotion: Double Points or Miles
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- Marriott’s New MegaMile Offer: 2,000 Miles Per Stay
- Hilton’s First-Quarter Bonus Targets Weekend Stays
- Starwood’s 1st Quarter Promo Is Double, Triple Points
- Choice Hotels Doubles the Points for Winter Stays
- Carlson Offers a Bonus for Award Stays
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Earn A Free Night After Five Hilton Resort Nights
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Get Texts to Get 500 Priority Club Bonus Points
- Book InterCon Stays by Smartphone to Earn a Priority Club Bonus
- Book Priority Club Hotels for Just 5,000 Points With PointBreaks
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch