This new promotion combines two darlings of value-conscious travelers, Southwest and Best Western.
Through April 30, new Best Western Rewards members who opt to earn Southwest points for their stays will earn double Rapid Rewards points and Best Western Rewards Gold elite status after their first qualifying stay.
The promotion is valid only for Rapid Rewards members who enroll in the Best Western Rewards program between March 8 and April 30, and who reside in the U.S. or Canada.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
This offer is a mash-up of good news and bad news.
The bad news is that the proffered elite status only remains in effect until the end of the promotion, April 30. But, according to the offer’s terms and conditions, it will take &quot;four to six weeks&quot; after the qualifying stay for elite status to take effect. So if I completed my stay today, I might have just a few days of elite status at the end of April. How much incentive is that? Very poor promotion design.
The good news: This offer may be combined with Best Western’s free night offer, which remains in effect through April 8.
If you’re not already a Best Western Rewards member and Southwest is your preferred airline, this is an offer worth considering.
Just don’t count on enjoying those elite perks for long.
Other Posts of Interest
- When Should Hotels Announce Upcoming Promotions?
- Winter 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Fly to Europe on US Airways for 20,000 Starwood Points
- Hyatt Will Cut Ties With 4 Airline Programs on March 15
- From Choice Hotels: 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Express Yourself to Earn 250 Priority Club Points
- Marriott Award Prices Will Change on March 15
- Upgrade to a Sheraton Club Room, Earn 1,000 Bonus Points
- Starwood Award Prices Will Change on March 1
- Earn Hilton HHonors Points for Texts
- New InterContinental Earning Rate Takes Effect Today
- Buy Back Elite Status from Marriott
- Starwood Will Upgrade Elite Benefits
- Hyatt’s Winter Promotion Is a Win for Road Warriors
- Best Western Offers 1 Free Night After 3 Paid Stays
- Marriott’s Winter MegaBonus Is 1 Free Night After 2 Stays
- Another Hilton 1st Quarter Bonus: Airline Miles
- Carlson’s May Be the Best Winter Hotel Promotion
- Priority Club’s Winter Promotion: Double Points or Miles
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- Marriott’s New MegaMile Offer: 2,000 Miles Per Stay
- Hilton’s First-Quarter Bonus Targets Weekend Stays
- Starwood’s 1st Quarter Promo Is Double, Triple Points
- Carlson Offers a Bonus for Award Stays
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Earn A Free Night After Five Hilton Resort Nights
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Get Texts to Get 500 Priority Club Bonus Points
- Book InterCon Stays by Smartphone to Earn a Priority Club Bonus
- Book Priority Club Hotels for Just 5,000 Points With PointBreaks
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch