The latest Priority Club promotion took me by surprise, not because of its terms but because it almost exactly overlaps another Priority Club offer, the double miles and points bonus for two or more stays between May 16 and August 15.
Dueling promotions would nice—choice is always preferable to the alternative.
But what we have here is better than a choice of offers; it’s the possibility of combining separate bonuses for the same stay.
Between May 16 and August 31, Priority Club Rewards members will receive a $75 prepaid card for staying two consecutive weekend nights (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) at any InterContinental Hotels Group property, including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites hotels.
To receive the prepaid MasterCard, follow these steps:
- Register for the offer.
- Book qualifying weekend nights.
- Obtain a rebate form online, print it out, and fill it in.
- Mail the completed rebate form to IHG.
The offer is available only to U.S. residents, and may be earned a maximum of&#0160; four times per household during the promotion period.
Deal or No Deal
I’m not a fan of prepaid cards. Sure, they’re &quot;cash-like&quot; in theory. But we all know they tend to be used incompletely, or forgotten altogether.
Another negative: The redemption process is convoluted and time-consuming. It could easily take an hour or so to read and understand the promotion terms, prepare the paperwork, and mail it in. How much is your time worth?
Nevertheless, a $75 rebate on a weekend stay is significant.
And what really makes this a winner is its combinability with the double points or miles promotion.
Taken together, the two offers give InterContinental family hotels an unmatched value advantage for weekend stays this spring and summer.
Reader Reality Check
Two stays, one of which is at least two nights over a weekend. Will you be able to qualify for these bonuses?
Other Posts of Interest
- From Priority Club: Double Points, Miles for Spring, Summer Stays
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
- Priority Club Launches Discounted Last Minute Reward Nights
- Best Western Offers Bonus Miles, Cash Cards for Spring Stays
- Hilton’s 2nd Quarter Promo: 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night
- Hyatt Offers 10,000 Bonus Points After Five Nights
Stay in Touch