Hilton’s second-quarter promotion — double points or miles — ends on June 30.
With bonus points and free nights on offer into August and beyond from Best Western, Choice, Hyatt, InterContinental, Marriott, and Starwood, Hilton can’t afford to be without a new promotion of its own.
And it won’t be — we have details of Hilton’s just-announced third-quarter promotion below.
Between July 1 and September 30, Hilton HHonors members can earn double points for stays on Monday through Thursday nights and triple points for stays on Friday through Sunday nights at participating hotels.
There is a long, long list of non-participating hotels for this promotion, and unfortunately the great majority of them are in the U.S.
Registration is required, prior to check out.
Deal or No Deal
Triple points for one or more weekend nights is more generous than Hilton’s current offer. But it’s hardly among the most lucrative available.
Double points during the rest of the week is weaker still.
And the offer’s value is further undermined by the large number of hotels that have chosen not to participate.
The promotion may be enough, barely, to keep Hilton partisans from looking elsewhere. But for others, the bonuses aren’t generous enough to make Hilton a top choice for third-quarter stays.
Reader Reality Check
Deal or no deal?
Other Posts of Interest
- Summer 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points After a 4-Night Ritz-Carlton Stay
- Marriott’s MegaMiles Promotion Returns in July
- From Best Western: a Free Night After 3 Stays
- InterContinental Offers $75 Back on Weekend Stays
- Starwood Resorts Offer 2nd Night Discount
- Marriott’s Summer Promotion: 1 Free Night After 2 Stays
- New Starwood Elite Perk Is Speedy Airport Security Clearance
- New from Priority Club: Digital Rewards
- Choice Hotels Offers Bonus for Summer Stays
- Register Now for Big Club Carlson Hotel Bonuses
- New PointBreaks Hotels Available for 5,000 Priority Club Points
- Priority Club’s Summer Promotion Is 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night
- Club Carlson Announces 2012 Award Changes
- More Free Nights for Marriott Credit Card Holders
- Membership Rewards to Lose Another Transfer Partner
- Starwood’s New Promotion Features Date, Award Choices
- Earn Up to 5X Airline Miles for Summer Hyatt Stays
- Fast Track to Elite Perks with La Quinta Hotels
- Get a $50 Rebate for Weekday InterContinental Stays
- Get Hyatt Elite Perks with a Visa Signature Card
- Changes Ahead for Hilton Award Prices
- From Best Western, a $50 Gift Card and Bonus Points
- Wyndham Offers Double Points, Double Miles for Spring Stays
- Earn More Club Carlson Points at Alamo, Enterprise, National
- When Should Hotels Announce Upcoming Promotions?
- Hyatt Will Cut Ties With 4 Airline Programs on March 15
- Marriott Award Prices Will Change on March 15
- Starwood Award Prices Will Change on March 1
- New InterContinental Earning Rate Takes Effect Today
- Buy Back Elite Status from Marriott
- Starwood Will Upgrade Elite Benefits
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch