As we head toward April, the major hotel chains are beginning to release details of their promotional offers for the second quarter of the year.
So far, I’ve received information for the upcoming offers from Hilton and InterContinental Priority Club.
I’ll have details of the Priority Club offer as soon as there’s a landing page to refer you to. For now, here’s Hilton’s promotion.
Between April 1 and June 30, HHonors members can earn double points or double airline miles for every stay at participating Hilton family hotels (Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, Hilton, Embassy Suites, DoubleTree, Hilton Grand Vacations, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, Hampton).
There’s no limit to the number of times the bonus may be earned, but once you’ve chosen to earn either points or miles for the promotion, that choice cannot be reversed.
On a down note: Of the more than 350 hotels that are not participating in the promotion, all but five are in the U.S.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
This offer may be sufficient to keep Hilton loyalists from straying, but it’s hardly a game-changer for travelers whose loyalty already lies elsewhere.
And for those with no loyalty to any particular program or brand, there are likely to be more compelling bonuses available from other hotel groups.
If you do plan to take advantage of the Hilton bonus, be sure to check the list of non-participating hotels to confirm that your planned stay qualifies.
Other Posts of Interest
- When Should Hotels Announce Upcoming Promotions?
- Winter 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Join Best Western Rewards to Earn a Southwest Bonus
- Fly to Europe on US Airways for 20,000 Starwood Points
- Hyatt Will Cut Ties With 4 Airline Programs on March 15
- From Choice Hotels: 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Express Yourself to Earn 250 Priority Club Points
- Marriott Award Prices Will Change on March 15
- Upgrade to a Sheraton Club Room, Earn 1,000 Bonus Points
- Starwood Award Prices Will Change on March 1
- Earn Hilton HHonors Points for Texts
- New InterContinental Earning Rate Takes Effect Today
- Buy Back Elite Status from Marriott
- Starwood Will Upgrade Elite Benefits
- Hyatt’s Winter Promotion Is a Win for Road Warriors
- Best Western Offers 1 Free Night After 3 Paid Stays
- Marriott’s Winter MegaBonus Is 1 Free Night After 2 Stays
- Another Hilton 1st Quarter Bonus: Airline Miles
- Carlson’s May Be the Best Winter Hotel Promotion
- Priority Club’s Winter Promotion: Double Points or Miles
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- Marriott’s New MegaMile Offer: 2,000 Miles Per Stay
- Hilton’s First-Quarter Bonus Targets Weekend Stays
- Starwood’s 1st Quarter Promo Is Double, Triple Points
- Carlson Offers a Bonus for Award Stays
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Earn A Free Night After Five Hilton Resort Nights
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Get Texts to Get 500 Priority Club Bonus Points
- Book InterCon Stays by Smartphone to Earn a Priority Club Bonus
- Book Priority Club Hotels for Just 5,000 Points With PointBreaks
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch