So far, winter 2013 hasn’t shaped up to be an especially lucrative period for hotel bonuses.
Hilton’s first-quarter promotion won’t do much to brighten that picture.
Between January 7 and March 31, Hilton HHonors members can earn double points or double miles for stays at participating Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Homewood Suites, and Waldorf Astoria hotels.
Registration is required. Once registered to receive either points or miles, the choice may not be changed.
As has become increasingly common recently, there’s a long list of non-participating hotels. Worse still for U.S.-based travelers, the great majority of them are in the U.S.
Deal or No Deal
As bonuses go, double points or miles may be enough to keep die-hard HHonors members in the fold, but it isn’t likely to generate any new customers.
The extensive list of non-participating hotels makes a weak offer even weaker.
If you’re not a Hilton partisan, there are better bonuses for winter hotel stays.
Other Posts of Interest
- Winter 2012/2013 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Marriott’s New MegaBonus Promotion Begins September 15 (1/15/13)
- Earn Up to 8,000 Bonus Points at Best Western Hotels (1/31/13)
- Wyndham’s Winter Promotion Is 1,000 Bonus Points Per Stay (2/7/2013)
- Choice Hotels’ Winter Promotion Is Triple Points (2/20/13)
- From Red Lion: 5,000 Bonus Points Plus a Discount (2/28/12)
- Starwood’s Upcoming Bonus: Up to 18,000 Points (4/15/13)
Stay in Touch