Best Western has announced its 2nd-quarter promotion, featuring a gift card and bonus points.
Between April 15 and June 3, members of the Best Western Rewards program can earn a $50 Best Western travel card after completing three qualifying stays.
Only one card may be earned per member, and cards must be used before November 1, 2012.
There are additional bonuses on offer for Best Western Rewards MasterCard customers and for elite Rewards members:
- If the three qualifying stays are charged to a Best Western MasterCard, Rewards members will earn a one-time bonus of 1,000 points.
- Elite Rewards members who qualify for the promotion will earn an additional 1,000 bonus points for each of up to three stays booked on bestwestern.com.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
As with any promotion featuring a bonus with a set value, this offer’s return-on-investment depends on how much you spend to earn the $50 gift card.
If you spent $150 to $200 on three stays of one night each, the card would amount to a significant rebate — as much as 33 percent.
On the other hand, if the qualifying stays were two or more nights each, and the total spend were $500 or more, the rebate would amount to 10 percent or less.
There are two other significant negatives associated with this offer: the short qualification window (less than two months), and the close-in deadline to use the card (around four months after the cards are issued).
On the other hand, if the gift card is combined with bonus points, the value picture brightens considerably.
So, if you’re not already a Best Western partisan, this promotion only makes sense if you’re planning three short, cheap stays. If you have elite status and the program-linked credit card, on the other hand, the combination of a rebate and bonus points make the offer worth considering.
Other Posts of Interest
- Wyndham Offers Double Points, Double Miles for Spring Stays
- New PointBreaks Hotels Available for Only 5,000 Priority Club Points
- Earn More Club Carlson Points at Alamo, Enterprise, National
- When Should Hotels Announce Upcoming Promotions?
- Spring 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Hilton’s 2nd Quarter Bonus Is Double Points or Double Miles
- From Choice Hotels: 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Marriott’s Winter MegaBonus Is 1 Free Night After 2 Stays
- Priority Club’s Winter Promotion: Double Points or Miles
- Marriott’s New MegaMile Offer: 2,000 Miles Per Stay
- Starwood’s 1st Quarter Promo Is Double, Triple Points
- Hyatt Will Cut Ties With 4 Airline Programs on March 15
- Marriott Award Prices Will Change on March 15
- Starwood Award Prices Will Change on March 1
- New InterContinental Earning Rate Takes Effect Today
- Buy Back Elite Status from Marriott
- Starwood Will Upgrade Elite Benefits
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch