American doesn’t often discount award travel. And it will probably do so even less after the merger with US Airways is in place.
So this offer for reduced-miles Las Vegas award flights could be among the last of its kind from American.
Through May 31, AAdvantage members can book award trips on American from anywhere in the contiguous U.S. to Las Vegas for 10,000 miles each way.
Blackout dates on discounted award travel are May 23 – May 25 and May 27 – May 28.
Deal or No Deal
Restricted coach award tickets normally require 12,500 miles each way, so the reduced price amounts to a 20 percent discount.
That’s a significant savings, for travel to a desirable destination.
Reducing the real-world value of the offer, however, is the narrow travel window. Marketing 101: “Thank you for your loyalty” and “Snooze you lose” don’t peacefully coexist.
Other Posts of Interest
- And the Award for Best Award-Seat Availability Goes to …
- Southwest – Not the Low-Fare Leader You Thought
- Delta Slammed for Scarce Award Availability. Again
- American-US Air Merger: the Winners and the Losers
- The Best Time to Redeem Your Frequent Flyer Points? Now!
- Do Travel Loyalty Programs Still Matter?
Stay in Touch