For American AAdvantage members who don’t hold a Citibank co-branded credit card, award discounts are few and very far between.
The latest features a popular destination but a decidedly modest discount.
Between April 10 and May 20, AAdvantage members can fly to Hawaii from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada for 20,000 miles each way, 40,000 miles roundtrip.
Bookings must be made by April 9.
Deal or No Deal
Hawaii award tickets for peak-period travel are normally priced at 45,000 miles roundtrip, so the savings is 5,000 miles or an 11.1 percent discount. That’s not particularly generous as award discounts go. The travel window is on the narrow side as well.
Still, it is Hawaii. And any discount is better than no discount at all.
Other Posts of Interest
- Southwest – Not the Low-Fare Leader You Thought
- Delta Slammed for Scarce Award Availability. Again
- American-US Air Merger: the Winners and the Losers
- The Best Time to Redeem Your Frequent Flyer Points? Now!
- Do Travel Loyalty Programs Still Matter?
Stay in Touch