Between April 22 and June 23, Dividend Miles members can earn up to 100 percent more miles when shopping at participating merchants, as follows:
- 1 – 3 purchases = 25% bonus miles
- 4 – 6 purchases = 50% bonus miles
- 7 – 9 purchases = 75% bonus miles
- 10 – 12 purchases = 100% bonus miles
Qualifying merchants: 1800Flowers (25 miles per $1 spent), Dividend Miles Dining, Dividend Miles StoreFront* (varies by merchant), FedEx (250 miles for first shipment, one mile per $1 thereafter), FTD (15 miles per $1), Teleflora (15 miles per $1), SkyMall (10 miles per $1), Vinesse (5,000 miles for six wines), Wine Insiders (1,000 miles for $7.99 wine).
* Each purchase at the Dividend Miles StoreFront must be at least $50 to qualify for the bonuses.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
The $50 minimum makes it difficult to reach higher transaction thresholds and bigger bonuses with small-dollar purchases, so the best way to leverage this offer is with transactions featuring big mileage payouts to begin with. The online florists would be good candidates, as would SkyMall purchases (although I find their prices to be generally on the high side).
The merchants in the StoreFront network are more likely to offer better pricing, but the payouts also tend to be lower. And six of the 10 offers for 10 or more miles per $1 spent are for magazines or newspapers.
You’ll have to spend some serious money to realize the full benefit from this offer. Best buy things you really want or need.
In the run-up to the merger, it’s worth bearing in mind that any US Airways mileage bonuses will eventually become American miles.
Other Posts of Interest
- Southwest – Not the Low-Fare Leader You Thought
- Delta Slammed for Scarce Award Availability. Again
- American-US Air Merger: the Winners and the Losers
- The Best Time to Redeem Your Frequent Flyer Points? Now!
- Do Travel Loyalty Programs Still Matter?
Stay in Touch