If your focus is on earning free car-rental days rather than airline miles, this new offer from Hertz may be the way to go.
Between September 4 and December 15, members of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program can earn triple points for every rental.
The bonus applies both to base rental points and to the elite bonuses earned by President’s Circle and Five Star members.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
The key question here is whether to earn points in Hertz’s program or in the program of your preferred airline. You can’t double-dip.
Hertz’s offer does have one potential advantage over the alternatives: It applies even to single-day rentals, whereas bonus airline-mile offers typically award bonuses only for multi-day rentals.
If you are renting for two or more days and airline miles are not a priority, be sure to consider National’s One-Two-Free promotion: a free rental day after every two rentals of two or more days.
Other Posts of Interest
- Who’s in Favor of a US Airways-American Merger?
- Is the Credit Card Rewards Bubble Set to Burst?
- Flights to Hong Kong for 4 Frequent Flyer Miles? C’mon!
- Are Taxable Frequent Flyer Miles in Your Future?
- Which Airline Programs Are the Most (and Least) Generous?
Stay in Touch