In the run-up to Christmas, there’s typically a spike in the number of bonus offers for purchases at the airline and hotel mileage malls — the networks of online retailers that award miles and points in travel loyalty programs.
Let the shopping, and earning, begin!
Through November 11, MileagePlus and OnePass members can earn up to 2,000 bonus miles for shopping at the MileagePlus Shopping mall as follows:
- Earn 1,500 bonus miles for purchasing $125 or more with any participating retailer.
- Earn 500 bonus miles for downloading and using the Shopping Assistant widget.
The Shopping Assistant sits at the top of users’ Web browsers and lets program members know if they can earn miles when shopping at various vendors and alerts them to special offers.
Deal or No Deal
If you spend exactly $125 to qualify for the 1,500-mile bonus, you’re earning 12 miles per $1 spent over and above the merchant’s normal payout rate. That’s a hefty bonus, well worth considering.
If you’re a regular mileage mall shopper, it’s probably worth the time to download the Shopping Assistant as well.
Reader Reality Check
How many miles will you earn for holiday shopping this year?
Other Posts of Interest
- Which Airline Programs Are the Most (and Least) Generous?
- Fly to Tokyo in Business Class for 50,000 AAdvantage Miles
- American Offers Double AAdvantage Miles on Caribbean Flights
- Are Pricier US Airways Miles Still a Buy?
- Double Southwest Points on Baltimore/Washington, Denver, Phoenix Flights
- Alaska Airlines Doubles the Miles for Fall Flights
Stay in Touch