Last month, Club Carlson added three new car rental companies to the program’s partner roster: National Car Rental, Alamo Rent A Car, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car, all owned by Enterprise Holdings.
The normal earning rate is 300 points per day, plus discounts of up to 25 percent on rentals from Alamo and National, and 5 percent from Enterprise. To promote the tie-up, Club Carlson members will earn 1,500 Gold Points per day through June 15 when renting from Alamo and National.
While the 1,500 points per day offered during the launch promotion is attractive, the normal 300-points-per-day rate is a decidedly modest one, unless it’s for a longer-term rental.
Program members already earn 750 points per Avis or Budget rental. So for one- or two-day rentals, you’ll earn more from Avis or Budget than from Alamo, Enterprise, or National.
Nevertheless, the addition of three solid rental car partners to the program is a real plus for Club Carlson members. And in fact, that’s really the bigger story here — the continuing growth and improvement of Club Carlson.
Carlson’s triple-points promotion, which ended on March 16, was among the most generous of the many winter hotel offers. And their recent bonus for award stays was not only generous but creative as well.
If Club Carlson isn’t on your travel rewards radar, it should be.
Other Posts of Interest
- When Should Hotels Announce Upcoming Promotions?
- Winter 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Join Best Western Rewards to Earn a Southwest Bonus
- Fly to Europe on US Airways for 20,000 Starwood Points
- Hyatt Will Cut Ties With 4 Airline Programs on March 15
- From Choice Hotels: 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Express Yourself to Earn 250 Priority Club Points
- Marriott Award Prices Will Change on March 15
- Upgrade to a Sheraton Club Room, Earn 1,000 Bonus Points
- Starwood Award Prices Will Change on March 1
- Earn Hilton HHonors Points for Texts
- New InterContinental Earning Rate Takes Effect Today
- Buy Back Elite Status from Marriott
- Starwood Will Upgrade Elite Benefits
- Hyatt’s Winter Promotion Is a Win for Road Warriors
- Best Western Offers 1 Free Night After 3 Paid Stays
- Marriott’s Winter MegaBonus Is 1 Free Night After 2 Stays
- Another Hilton 1st Quarter Bonus: Airline Miles
- Priority Club’s Winter Promotion: Double Points or Miles
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- Marriott’s New MegaMile Offer: 2,000 Miles Per Stay
- Hilton’s First-Quarter Bonus Targets Weekend Stays
- Starwood’s 1st Quarter Promo Is Double, Triple Points
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Earn A Free Night After Five Hilton Resort Nights
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Get Texts to Get 500 Priority Club Bonus Points
- Book InterCon Stays by Smartphone to Earn a Priority Club Bonus
- Book Priority Club Hotels for Just 5,000 Points With PointBreaks
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch