On February 1, Malaysia Airlines became the 12th member of the oneworld global airline alliance, alongside airberlin, American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, and S7.
As is customary with such new partnerships, the tie-up is being promoted with a limited-time bonus-mile offer.
Between February 15 and April 15, members of all oneworld carriers’ loyalty programs, including American AAdvantage, will earn double miles for flights on Malaysia Airlines.
From the U.S., Malaysia flies nonstop to Tokyo from Los Angeles, and direct to its hub in Kuala Lumpur. In all Malaysia serves 60 destinations in almost 30 countries across Asia, Australasia, Middle East, and Europe.
Registration for the double-miles promotion is required.
Other Posts of Interest
- Who Would Rule a Merged American-US Airways?
- Air Travel Is Improving, Right?
- Only in Australia: Elite Miles for Free Flights
- Do Travel Loyalty Programs Still Matter?
- Which Airline Programs Are the Most (and Least) Generous?
Stay in Touch