If resort stays are their own rewards, this new offer from Hilton can make them extra-rewarding.
Hilton HHonors members can earn a free night certificate after completing five or more consecutive nights at a participating Hilton resort booked by January 31, 2012, and completed by April 30, 2012.
There are more than 100 participating resorts, around 65 of which are in the U.S.
Program members may earn up to two free night certificates during the promotion period, after two separate five-night stays or one stay of 10 or more nights.
Free night certificates are valid at participating Hilton hotels for six months after the date of issue.
Registration is required, by January 31, 2012.
Deal or No Deal
The value of the promotion depends on two variables: the cost of earning the free night, and the value of the free night.
If you redeemed the free night certificate at the same hotel you stayed at to qualify for it, you’re effectively getting a sixth night for the price of five, a 16.7 percent discount.
However, there’s the opportunity to get a much heftier return by qualifying at cheaper hotels and taking the free night at a pricier property. For example, if you pay less than $500 for the qualifying five nights, and use the certificate for a night at a $250-a-night hotel, you’ll be getting a 33.3 percent discount ($750 worth of hotel nights for $500).
Of course you don’t have to do the math. If you’re already planning a resort stay, the free night can just be considered icing on the cake.
Other Posts of Interest
- 4th Quarter Hotel Promotions, Compared
- From Wyndham: a Free Night After Two Stays
- Starwood Offers Double, Triple Points for Fall Stays
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Get Texts to Get 500 Priority Club Bonus Points
- Book InterCon Stays by Smartphone to Earn a Priority Club Bonus
- Book Priority Club Hotels for Just 5,000 Points With PointBreaks
- Hilton Points Go Further With Point Stretcher Awards
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch