National Car Rental’s One-Two-Free promotion was one of last summer’s best rental car values for travelers.
It must have been good for them, too, since they’re reprising it this year, beginning today.
Between August 20, 2012, and January 31, 2013, members of National Car Rental’s Emerald Club will earn a free rental day after every two rentals of two or more consecutive days of a mid-sized or larger car.
The free rental days must be completed by June 16, 2013.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
In a best-case scenario, this promotion delivers one free day after four paid days. Assuming they’re all for the same class of car, that amounts to getting five rental days for the price of four, a 20 percent discount.
As I said about last year’s identical National offer, this is a promotion that does everything right:
- The qualification hurdle — two rentals of two or more days — is reasonable and achievable.
- The promotion is in effect for five and a half months, giving program members plenty of time to qualify.
- There’s more than adequate time to use any free rental days earned.
??Other Posts of Interest
- Who’s in Favor of a US Airways-American Merger?
- Is the Credit Card Rewards Bubble Set to Burst?
- Flights to Hong Kong for 4 Frequent Flyer Miles? C’mon!
- Are Taxable Frequent Flyer Miles in Your Future?
- Which Airline Programs Are the Most (and Least) Generous?
Stay in Touch