Ritz-Carlton is a notable laggard in the promotion space, perhaps operating on the assumption that its brand needs no extra incentive, or that that promotions are inherently undignified.
That doesn’t mean you can’t get more for your travel dollar when staying at Ritz-Carltons, however. While they rarely offer bonuses through their own program, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, they regularly participate in bonus-points and free-night promotions, as a partner in Marriott’s Rewards program.
The last promotion targeting members of the company’s own Ritz-Carlton Rewards program was last summer. It was worth waiting for: 30,000 bonus points after a four-night stay.
Apparently having decided to leave well enough alone, Ritz-Carlton is reprising that offer for stays this summer and into the fall.
Ritz-Carlton Rewards members who complete a stay of four or more nights at a participating Ritz-Carlton between July 15 and October 15 will earn 30,000 bonus points.
Non-participating hotels: Ritz-Carlton Millennia, Singapore; Ritz-Carlton Montreal; Ritz-Carlton Phulay Bay.
To participate, you must have been a member of the Ritz-Carlton Rewards program as of June 14, 2012. Or, if you’re a new member, you may not have been a member of the Marriott Rewards program.
Registration is required, by September 15.
Deal or No Deal
What can you do with 30,000 points in Ritz-Carlton’s program? That’s enough for a free night at a Tier 1 Ritz-Carlton hotel (nine in the U.S., 11 outside the U.S.), or for one or more free nights at Marriott hotels, depending on the category of hotel.
To put the bonus in perspective, if you earned the bonus points by staying at a Tier 1 Ritz and redeemed them for a free night at a Tier 1 Ritz, in effect you’d be getting five nights for the price of four, a 20 percent discount.
Other Posts of Interest
- Summer 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Marriott’s MegaMiles Promotion Returns in July
- From Best Western: a Free Night After 3 Stays
- InterContinental Offers $75 Back on Weekend Stays
- Starwood Resorts Offer 2nd Night Discount
- Marriott’s Summer Promotion: 1 Free Night After 2 Stays
- New Starwood Elite Perk Is Speedy Airport Security Clearance
- New from Priority Club: Digital Rewards
- Choice Hotels Offers Bonus for Summer Stays
- Register Now for Big Club Carlson Hotel Bonuses
- New PointBreaks Hotels Available for 5,000 Priority Club Points
- Priority Club’s Summer Promotion Is 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night
- Club Carlson Announces 2012 Award Changes
- More Free Nights for Marriott Credit Card Holders
- Membership Rewards to Lose Another Transfer Partner
- Starwood’s New Promotion Features Date, Award Choices
- Earn Up to 5X Airline Miles for Summer Hyatt Stays
- Fast Track to Elite Perks with La Quinta Hotels
- Get a $50 Rebate for Weekday InterContinental Stays
- Get Hyatt Elite Perks with a Visa Signature Card
- Changes Ahead for Hilton Award Prices
- From Best Western, a $50 Gift Card and Bonus Points
- Wyndham Offers Double Points, Double Miles for Spring Stays
- Earn More Club Carlson Points at Alamo, Enterprise, National
- When Should Hotels Announce Upcoming Promotions?
- Hyatt Will Cut Ties With 4 Airline Programs on March 15
- Marriott Award Prices Will Change on March 15
- Starwood Award Prices Will Change on March 1
- New InterContinental Earning Rate Takes Effect Today
- Buy Back Elite Status from Marriott
- Starwood Will Upgrade Elite Benefits
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch