La Quinta isn’t known for its frequent or lucrative promotions. Which makes this offer all the more welcome.
Through December 30, members of La Quinta’s Returns program can earn 1,000 Delta miles per stay — the 250 miles normally earned plus a 750-mile bonus — up to a maximum of 25,000 miles for 25 stays.
To receive the bonus miles, ask to earn Delta miles in lieu of La Quinta Returns points and provide both your La Quinta Returns and Delta SkyMiles member numbers when checking in.
Deal or No Deal
Some will argue that Delta miles are worth less than miles in other loyalty programs, because they’re harder to redeem at the restricted levels. But for purposes of this review, let’s just use what I take to be the broad average value of a frequent flyer mile: 1.2 cents.
Those 1,000 points, then, are worth $12. If your qualifying stay costs $100, then the earnings amount to a nice 12 percent rebate. That percentage increases or decreases as your spend-per-stay falls or rises.
If Delta miles are a priority and one or more cheap stays are on your travel agenda, this offer is well worth a look.
Other Posts of Interest
- Fall 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Starwood’s Fall Promotion Is Double, Triple Points
- Marriott’s New MegaBonus Promotion Begins September 15
- Best Western Offers Double, Triple Points for Fall Stays
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Earn Up to 65,000 Bonus Points for Hyatt Stays
- Wyndham Stays Earn Quadruple Points or Airline Miles
Stay in Touch