Choice Privileges members who book a Choice stay of two or more nights at Advance Purchase rates by December 31 will receive a two-for-one companion airfare certificate.
The deal’s in the details, and in this case there are two key definitions.
First, those Advance Purchase rates. As the name would suggest, these are rates that must be booked at least seven, 14, 21, or 30 days in advance.
In exchange for booking so far ahead, you’ll get a rate that’s as much as 20 percent lower. But there’s a potentially significant downside as well: &quot;The rate is non-cancellable, non-changeable, and non-refundable.&quot; In other words, if for any reason you’re unable to make the stay, your payment is simply lost.
And next, there are the terms and conditions governing the companion ticket.
- &quot;Good for two tickets for one low price.&quot;
- Blackout dates will apply.
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Selection of airline varies by market.
- The companion ticket applies to the base fare only and is only available on fares offered through Promotions in Travel LTD.
- See complete terms and conditions sent with registration form.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Deal or No Deal
Are you comfortable with the possibility of forfeiting the price of a stay, should your plans change?
Are you comfortable with the rather vague allusion to &quot;complete terms and conditions&quot; that govern the companion ticket?
If you’re not deterred by the above, the combination of a discount and a free companion ticket could deliver plenty of value.
Other Posts of Interest
- Starwood’s New Promotion Features Date, Award Choices
- Earn Up to 5X Airline Miles for Summer Hyatt Stays
- Fast Track to Elite Perks with La Quinta Hotels
- Get a $50 Rebate for Weekday InterContinental Stays
- Get Hyatt Elite Perks with a Visa Signature Card
- Hotel Points Transfers Net a 25% British Airways Bonus
- Changes Ahead for Hilton Award Prices
- From Best Western, a $50 Gift Card and Bonus Points
- Wyndham Offers Double Points, Double Miles for Spring Stays
- New PointBreaks Hotels Available for Only 5,000 Priority Club Points
- Earn More Club Carlson Points at Alamo, Enterprise, National
- When Should Hotels Announce Upcoming Promotions?
- Spring 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Hilton’s 2nd Quarter Bonus Is Double Points or Double Miles
- From Choice Hotels: 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Marriott’s Winter MegaBonus Is 1 Free Night After 2 Stays
- Priority Club’s Winter Promotion: Double Points or Miles
- Marriott’s New MegaMile Offer: 2,000 Miles Per Stay
- Starwood’s 1st Quarter Promo Is Double, Triple Points
- Hyatt Will Cut Ties With 4 Airline Programs on March 15
- Marriott Award Prices Will Change on March 15
- Starwood Award Prices Will Change on March 1
- New InterContinental Earning Rate Takes Effect Today
- Buy Back Elite Status from Marriott
- Starwood Will Upgrade Elite Benefits
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch
For more news like this, sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. You can follow us on Twitter, too.