Double points. Double points after the second stay. Double airline miles after the second stay. Two thousand bonus miles after the second stay. Triple points after three or more nights. Those are among the bonuses on offer from major hotel chains for winter stays.
Triple points for every stay would trump them all. And that’s exactly what Carlson is offering.
Between January 10 and March 16, Club Carlson members can earn triple points for stays at all Radisson, Radisson Blu, Country Inn &amp; Suites, Park Plaza, and Park Inn hotels.
Advance registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
As alluded to above, Carlson’s offer is the best currently available combination of a significant bonus (triple points) with ease of earning (each and every stay, at all properties).
The promotion’s only negative is its short duration — just over two months, versus a full three months or more for most competing offers.
So if you’re already a Carlson partisan, you can continue booking Carlson-affiliated hotels secure in the knowledge that you’re maxing out on loyalty-program benefits.
And if your loyalty lies elsewhere, this offer might be good reason to consider Carlson for hotel stays this winter.
While Carlson’s network of just over 1,000 hotels is much smaller than those of Hilton, InterContinental, and Marriott, it’s roughly the same size as Starwood’s, and twice the size of Hyatt’s.
And if this promotion and Carlson’s concurrent bonus for award stays are any indication, Club Carlson (which replaced the goldpoints plus program on March 31, 2011) is going to be among the most generous of the larger hotel chains’ programs.
Reader Reality Check
Is Carlson among the hotel chains you first think of when making your travel plans?
Of the current hotel promotions, which offer you the best value?
Other Posts of Interest
- Winter 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Priority Club’s Winter Promotion: Double Points or Miles
- Priority Club Award Prices Will Increase
- Marriott’s New MegaMile Offer: 2,000 Miles Per Stay
- Hilton’s First-Quarter Bonus Targets Weekend Stays
- Starwood’s 1st Quarter Promo Is Double, Triple Points
- Choice Hotels Doubles the Points for Winter Stays
- Carlson Offers a Bonus for Award Stays
- From Hyatt: Gold Passport Points for Dining, Spa Services
- Redeem Marriott Points for Flights, Car Rentals
- Earn A Free Night After Five Hilton Resort Nights
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Get Texts to Get 500 Priority Club Bonus Points
- Book InterCon Stays by Smartphone to Earn a Priority Club Bonus
- Book Priority Club Hotels for Just 5,000 Points With PointBreaks
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch