This offer from W Hotels and American Express highlights the risks and rewards of non-refundable prepaid hotel stays.
Between October 1 and December 31, travelers who pay for a three-night stay at a W Hotel with any American Express card will receive the third night free.
Offer applies only to three-night bookings, and is based on Starwood’s best available unrestricted retail rates.
There are, however, notable restrictions: “Reservations cannot be changed, are prepaid and non-refundable; if cancellation takes place, guests forfeit total room charge plus tax.”
Deal or No Deal
Buy-two-get-one-free amounts to a solid discount on a three-night stay.
On the other hand, forfeiting your right to change or cancel the booking exposes you to considerable risk. Plans change. Life intrudes. And room nights at a W Hotel don’t come cheap.
Reader Reality Check
Have you ever lost your hotel prepayment because you were unable to travel as originally planned?
Other Posts of Interest
- Fall 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Starwood’s Fall Promotion Is Double, Triple Points
- Marriott’s New MegaBonus Promotion Begins September 15
- Best Western Offers Double, Triple Points for Fall Stays
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Earn Up to 65,000 Bonus Points for Hyatt Stays
- Wyndham Stays Earn Quadruple Points or Airline Miles
Stay in Touch