British Airways is the latest to addition to the list of airlines offering lucrative bonuses for flights to London. Unfortunately, you’ll have to pay top dollar to earn the extra miles. Offer DetailsThrough January 31, 2013, Executive Club members can earn up to 100,000 bonus miles for three flights on British Airways, American Airlines, Iberia, and OpenSkies between the U.S. and London Heathrow, as follows:
- 15,000 bonus miles for the first roundtrip
- 35,000 bonus miles for the second roundtrip
- 50,000 bonus miles for each additional roundtrip
So three rountrips net 100,000 bonus miles.
The bonuses only apply to roundtrips in first, business, and non-discounted coach.
The following fare codes qualify for the bonuses: British Airways: F, A, J, C, D, R, I, W, E, T, Y, B, or H; American: F, A, J, R, D, I, Y, B, or H; Iberia: J, C, D, R, I, or Y; OpenSkies: J, C, D, R, I, W, E, T, Y, B, or H. There’s no limit to the number of bonus miles that may be earned with this offer.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
So if you meet the qualifying criteria, you now have your choice of miles from American, Delta, United, or British Airways.
For business travelers flying on pricey unrestricted fares, these bonuses are no-brainers. In fact, if you’re traveling to other points in Europe, it might behoove you to fly via London to earn the extra miles.
And even if you’re on a budget, it’s worth a look to compare your fare with the lowest available bonus-eligible fare.
Other Posts of Interest
- True or False: United Is “#1 in Award Seat Availability”?
- Delta Ups Award Prices on the QT
- Are Taxable Frequent Flyer Miles in Your Future?
- Where Do My Miles Go If American Goes Bankrupt?
- Which Airline Programs Are the Most (and Least) Generous?
Stay in Touch