This week, InterContinental’s Priority Club Rewards program published a new list of PointBreaks hotels available for award booking at just 5,000 points per night through September 30.
By my count, there are now 61 U.S. hotels on offer at PointBreaks rates, mostly Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Crowne Plaza properties.
In Europe, there are 17 participating properties. In Asia, 14. And so on.
Those numbers are subject to change, since each hotel establishes its own allotment of PointBreaks rooms, and once they’ve been spoken for, they’re gone.
Deal or No Deal
With Priority Club award nights normally priced at 10,000 points and above, the PointBreaks rates represent a discount of at least 50 percent.
The only downside to PointBreaks is that there aren’t more hotels on the list.
There are no participating hotels in popular destinations like New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Miami.
In Europe, the closest you can come to London is the Holiday Inn at Heathrow Airport.
Nevertheless, with such a significant discount on offer, it’s always worth checking the PointBreaks list to see if any of the available hotels might be suitable for upcoming trips. And the low rates might even justify an unplanned trip, to an unfamiliar city.
Reader Reality Check
Have you ever taken advantage of PointBreaks awards?
Do any of the hotels on the current list catch your eye?
Other Posts of Interest
- Priority Club Launches Discounted Last Minute Reward Nights
- Hilton Points Go Further With Point Stretcher Awards
- Ritz-Carlton Offers a 30,000-Point Bonus After Four Nights
- Earn Quintuple Aeroplan Miles for Hyatt Stays
- Drive Away With a $40 Gas Card for Aloft, Element, Four Points Stays
- Earn Double Welcomerewards Credits for Stays Booked at Hotels.com
- Hilton Offers Double Points or Miles for 3rd-Quarter Stays
- InterContinental Adds More Priority Club Bonus Options for Summer Stays
- Visa Signature Cardholders Get Hilton Elite Perks
- From Best Western: a Free Night or Bonus Miles for Summer Stays
- Marriott Offers a Free Night After Two Stays This Summer
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- From Priority Club: Double Points, Miles for Spring, Summer Stays
- InterContinental Offers $75 Rebate for Weekend Stays
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch