Earlier this month, I reviewed separate promotions from JetBlue and Delta—both featuring bonuses for using mobile devices to check in for flights—noting that the travel industry has a long history of deploying frequent flyer bonuses to encourage consumers to adopt new technology, and recommending that mileage-collectors take advantage of the extra miles while they can.
What works for the airlines often works for the hotels as well. Case in point: this bonus for booking stays at InterContinental, Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites hotels using a smartphone.
Priority Club Rewards members can earn a 1,000-point bonus for every qualifying booking made and completed by August 31 using the Priority Club Rewards Windows Phone app on their smartphones.
The app does much more than make bookings. According to the Priority Club website, an app-enabled smartphone can also accomplish the following:
- Redeem points for Reward Night stays
- Get GPS-enabled hotel directions
- Click-to-call your hotel’s front desk
- View full photo galleries for each hotel
- Search hotels by airport code
- Expedite bookings with info stored in your profile
- Use corporate IDs for special rates
- Access special offers
According to the offer’s terms and conditions, those who qualify for the bonus will receive points even if their earning preferred is airline miles.
Deal or No Deal
While there are also Priority Club apps available for the iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry phones—all of which are more popular than Windows-based smartphones—the bonus doesn’t apply to them. And neither the app nor the bonus is sufficient reason to switch phones. Or, for that matter, to switch from one hotel loyalty program to another.
But if you’re a Priority Club loyalist who already has a Windows smartphone, the app looks like a worthwhile download for its sheer utility, and a real winner when the bonus is factored into the equation.
Reader Reality Check
Have you used a smartphone or other mobile device to book a hotel room or check in for a flight?
Other Posts of Interest
- Priority Club Launches Discounted Last Minute Reward Nights
- Hilton Points Go Further With Point Stretcher Awards
- Ritz-Carlton Offers a 30,000-Point Bonus After Four Nights
- Earn Quintuple Aeroplan Miles for Hyatt Stays
- Drive Away With a $40 Gas Card for Aloft, Element, Four Points Stays
- Earn Double Welcomerewards Credits for Stays Booked at Hotels.com
- Hilton Offers Double Points or Miles for 3rd-Quarter Stays
- InterContinental Adds More Priority Club Bonus Options for Summer Stays
- Visa Signature Cardholders Get Hilton Elite Perks
- From Best Western: a Free Night or Bonus Miles for Summer Stays
- Marriott Offers a Free Night After Two Stays This Summer
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- From Priority Club: Double Points, Miles for Spring, Summer Stays
- InterContinental Offers $75 Rebate for Weekend Stays
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch