Underpromise and overdeliver? This promotion from Carlson — which promises award discounts at “Radisson Blu, Radisson Blu Edwardian, Park Plaza, and Park Inn by Radisson hotels in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa” — does the opposite.
Between October 29, 2012, and March 30, 2013, Club Carlson members can book award nights at selected hotels for 50 percent fewer points, for stays between November 1, 2012, and March 31, 2013.
Unfortunately, as of today there are only six participating hotels:
- Belgium – Radisson Blu Palace
- Croatia – Radisson Blu Resort, Split
- France – Radisson Blu Resort, Nice
- Georgia – Radisson Blu Hotel, Batumi
- Germany – Radisson Blu Resort, Ruegen
- Ukraine – Radisson Resort & Spa, Alushta
To receive the discounted rate, use promotional code 50REDEEM when booking.
Deal or No Deal
Pros: big discount, plenty of time to take advantage of it.
Cons: very short list of participating hotels, most in less-than-desirable cities.
For the great majority of Club Carlson members, the cons will far outweigh the pros.
But for the lucky few who can manage a trip to Nice or Belgium, or to one of the more arcane destinations, the discount is a meaningful one.
Other Posts of Interest
- Fall 2012 Hotel Promotions, Compared
- Starwood’s Fall Promotion Is Double, Triple Points
- Marriott’s New MegaBonus Promotion Begins September 15
- Best Western Offers Double, Triple Points for Fall Stays
- Choice Hotels Offers 8,000 Points After Two Stays
- Earn Up to 65,000 Bonus Points for Hyatt Stays
- Wyndham Stays Earn Quadruple Points or Airline Miles
Stay in Touch