Marriott’s MegaBonus, featuring a free night after two stays, is a decidedly attractive incentive. But it’s only one of many hotel bonuses on offer for fall stays.
And it’s not even the only offer from Marriott.
For Marriott Rewards members who hanker after miles more than free nights, there’s Marriott’s More Stays, More Miles promotion to consider.
Between September 1 and December 31, Marriott Rewards members who elect to earn airline miles instead of points can earn up to 30,000 bonus miles in the programs of Delta, United, British Airways, Lufthansa, GOL/Varig, or LanPass.
The miles are awarded as follows:
- Stay 1 = Regular Base Miles—no bonus
- Stay 2 = Base Miles + 1,000 bonus miles
- Stay 3 = Base Miles + 1,500 bonus miles
- Stay 4 = Base Miles + 1,500 bonus miles
- Stays 5 to 17 = Base Miles + 2,000 bonus miles per stay, up to the maximum of 30,000 bonus miles
This offer is not combinable with Marriott’s MegaBonus promotion.
Registration is required, at which point Rewards members will be asked to choose an airline preference.
Deal or No Deal
Marriott Rewards members normally earn two miles per $1 spent at JW Marriott, Marriott, Renaissance, Ritz-Carlton, Edition, and Autograph Collection, and one mile per $1 at Courtyard, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites, and TownePlace Suites.
So a one-night Marriott stay at $150 would be worth 300 airline miles. A bonus of 1,000 miles (for the second, third, and fourth stays) or 2,000 miles (for the fifth and subsequent stays) would significantly increase that payout.
For longer, more expensive stays, the bonus miles become proportionately less generous since the bonus amounts are set.
Since this promotion partially overlaps the MegaBonus promotion, which runs from September 15, 2011, to January 15, 2012, there’s an opportunity for Marriott partisans to earn bonus miles during the first half of September and then cut over to the free-night offer.
Whereas the MegaBonus offer requires that qualifying stays be charged to a Visa card, there’s no such condition associated with this offer.
In all, this is a potentially solid offer, depending on the length and cost of the qualifying stays, and a nice complement to Marriott’s free-night promotion.
(For a comparison of all major hotels’ fall promotions, see this chart.)
Reader Reality Check
Which fall hotel promotions do you plan to take advantage of?
Other Posts of Interest
- Fall, Winter Hotel Promotions Compared
- Up to Triple Points for Best Western Stays
- Starwood Offers Double, Triple Points for Fall Stays
- Choice Hotels Offers Quadruple Points for Fall Stays
- Marriott’s New MegaBonus: One Free Night After Two Stays
- Hyatt Adds Elite Perks, Changes Award Prices
- Get Texts to Get 500 Priority Club Bonus Points
- Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card Now Comes With a Bigger Bonus
- Book InterCon Stays by Smartphone to Earn a Priority Club Bonus
- Book Priority Club Hotels for Just 5,000 Points With PointBreaks
- Hilton Points Go Further With Point Stretcher Awards
- Ritz-Carlton Offers a 30,000-Point Bonus After Four Nights
- Earn Quintuple Aeroplan Miles for Hyatt Stays
- Drive Away With a $40 Gas Card for Aloft, Element, Four Points Stays
- Earn Double Welcomerewards Credits for Stays Booked at Hotels.com
- Hilton Offers Double Points or Miles for 3rd-Quarter Stays
- Visa Signature Cardholders Get Hilton Elite Perks
- Marriott Offers a Free Night After Two Stays This Summer
- InterContinental Offers $75 Rebate for Weekend Stays
- Your Choice: Airline Miles or Hotel Points?
Stay in Touch