As does United, Hawaiian Airlines periodically discounts award travel on low-demand routes. While the new award sale is decidedly limited in scope, the inclusion of Hawaii flights is a positive.
Between November 15 and December 13, Mileage Plan members can book discounted award flightsbetween several California cities and Hawaii, and between Portland and San Diego or Las Vegas. Travel between November 28, 2012, and March 14, 2013, for 16,000 miles each way on the following routes:
- Honolulu and Oakland, San Diego, or San Jose
- Kona and Oakland or San Jose
- Kauai and Oakland or San Jose
- Maui and Oakland, San Diego, or San Jose
Blackout dates: December 12, 2012, through January 9, 2013, and February 12, 2013, through February 20, 2013. Travel between November 27, 2012, and February 13, 2013, for 9,000 miles each way on the following routes:
- Las Vegas and Portland
- San Diego and Portland
Blackout dates: December 15, 2012, through January 7, 2013. Discounts are for Super Saver awards booked on alaskaair.com.
Deal or No Deal
Hawaii award flights are normally priced at 20,000 miles each way, so the discounted price represents a savings of 20 percent.
And the Portland award flights would normally cost 12,500 miles, so you’d be saving a hefty 28 percent with the discount.
Although few in number, the discounts are substantial. Definitely worth taking advantage of if the routing and timing work for you.
Other Posts of Interest
- True or False: United Is “#1 in Award Seat Availability”?
- Delta Ups Award Prices on the QT
- Are Taxable Frequent Flyer Miles in Your Future?
- Where Do My Miles Go If American Goes Bankrupt?
- Which Airline Programs Are the Most (and Least) Generous?
Stay in Touch